Sunday, January 13, 2008

Merrily on their way to nowhere in particular....

Tally Ho! It's Mr. Toad's canary-yellow gypsy cart "rampaging about the countryside" with his horse Cyril. Another of my all-time favorite animated films is Walt Disney's "Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad." (If you haven't yet seen the film - and there's no excuse if you haven't - you probably know of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland.) About 15 years ago I made this simple wooden toy for a friend. At the time, I was disappointed that Disney seldom made cool merchandise based on this film, so I decided to make something myself.

1 comment:

Eric Scales said...

What I love about this is it looks exactly like something that could have been produced in the 1940's. The painting on Cyril looks like it could be screened on, and the shapes are whimsical but not so much as to be impractical for factory assembly. The whole thing is perfect.